Thursday, September 16, 2021

Wait! What? - September 2021

 

My now monthly snapshot of hypocrisy in America.

So the photo above was in the news last week.   If you were vacationing on Mars, the courts of Texas apparently made it a bit harder for women to get abortions there.

Okay, so Len's opinion on this?

As pretty much a Libertarian, I don't believe the government should have any control over what you do to your body.   You want to eat until you're Jabba the Hutt?  Go ahead.   And those ultra-freedoms include abortion.   

Now, I understand that if I were Catholic, I would feel differently and rightfully so.  But I'm not and I don't.   If there is a God and you endure an abortion and it's really the sin it is preached to be, then you will have your day of reckoning when your body is reduced to a nice sirloin steak char in the kitchen of Satan.

I can see why people are all bent out of shape over this.   But.....

The same folks who espouse woman's right to choose what her body does are also the same stooges who are pushing everybody to get a COVID vaccination.

So, on one hand, you have control over what you do to your body.   But, on the other hand, you have to do what the government is telling you to do.

Now, don't get me wrong.   I think everyone is better off with the vaccination than without.   But I also realize some are worried about side effects or perhaps have religious aversions.   I mean, it was only last Fall when Democrats were warning everybody to stay away from the vaccines...largely because they felt that the Republicans were whipping up the dosages in the White House basement.

You see how this plays?   What works for one tenet should also be valid for another.   

But it isn't.

Welcome to America 2021.

Dinner last night:  Mongolian beef at PF Chang's.




No comments: