Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Moron of the Month - April 2022

I shouldn't have been surprised.   I'm in New York and I was meeting friends at an Italian restaurant in the Bronx near Pelham Parkway.   On the way back to Westchester, I decided to take surface streets.   I wanted to drive through some neighborhoods I remember from when I was a kid.

The house my dad grew up in.

The block around the church where I went to Sunday School.

The shopping district where my parents went to the bakery, got German cold cuts, and where my dad and I went to the barber.

As I maneuvered through the elevated train girders, I was appalled at what I was seeing.

One burned-out store after another.

Garbage piled high on the sidewalks.

Vape shops on every single corner.

Homeless people wandering in the middle of streets.

It was a third world experience.   Maybe even a fourth world experience.

How could anybody let this happen to what used to be such a joyful Bronx neighborhood?

When I got home, I wanted to know who were the political guardians of such a dump.  Allowing people and places to die such a squalid death.

Like I said, I shouldn't have been surprised.  The congressperson responsible for these deplorable conditions.


Representative Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez. AOC!  Truly one of the dumbest politicians ever elected to office in the United States.  A product of 21st Century college education gone awry.  The person allegedly fighting for the environment and our carbon footprints.

Except you can't put your footprints down in her district without stepping on garbage or human feces.  

If you want a better validation for the ineptitude of a government leader, a drive through AOC's assigned Congressional district will do the trick.

Dinner last night:  Evelyn's Favorite Pasta at the Cheesecake Factory.


 

No comments: