Thursday, October 13, 2022

Len Speaks But Maybe A Little Less?

All things come to an end.  Even blogs that started in March 2007.

Okay, folks, this is not a sign off.   I'm not THERE yet.   But something has happened that has given me pause to perhaps pause.

Longtime readers of this blog may know that my inspiration to start this blog 15 years was a blog written by "Cheers" writer Ken Levine.   He would comment initially on "American Idol" but then offered a myriad of daily opinions on a variety of topics.   Oddly enough, I even got to meet Ken twice at the Dodger Stadium Press Box.

So, like Ken, I kept it up.  Daily.   Sure, there are some cheat days where I post a funny picture or comic video.   But I have kept at it in earnest.

About a month ago, with his podcast now taking up a lot of time, Ken ended his blog.   He's run out of things to write.

Hmmmmm.

Strangely, I started this blog to give me an excuse for a daily writing exercise. Except I now pretty much write and schedule out a month of blog entries in a day and a half.   Indeed, the only time I sign on otherwise is to load what I ate for dinner.

The Sunday Memory Drawer is largely recycled.   I call back stories that are ten years old.   This Date in History?   That's all recycled because I have literally covered each day of the year.   The only updating is for recent deaths.  

So you see where I am going?

I largely have tried to avoid political commentary because I realize there are "police" who have tried to silence some voices.   That's a fact.   When I dabbled in Google Ad Sense for a while, I had several entries cited as "inappropriate."

The other major source of blog pieces were movie reviews.   Sadly, that world has all changed.   When was the last time I went to the movies?

So what's next?   Do I write every other day?  Do I rework how I post?  Or do I continue to write a month's worth of blog pieces in a day and a half?

I guess we will all see what happens next.  Come back tomorrow.  Or maybe the day after.

Dinner last night:  Sausage, peppers, and onions at the Dodger game.

 

1 comment:

Leotalian said...

Say it ain't so. 🫣