Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Continuing Book Challenge of Yours Truly


Summer used to be the time where I really caught up on my reading.   Well, regular users of this blog know that I don't read.  About ten years ago, I even challenged myself to get better in this department by promising a book review on this blog.  You may remember it?

"Yay!  I Finished Reading Another Book."

Well, the last time I did such an entry, it was last May.   Before that, it had been almost a year.

Now this doesn't stop me from buying books.   And most of them I start.   But, as long at my stack of books still in play, I realized that I read about 2/3 of them and rarely finish.

Currently in this state of limbo (from bottom of the pile to the top)...

"My Place in the Sun" a memoir by George Stevens Jr. about his dad, legendary Hollywood director George Stevens.   The latter is one of my favorites.   But apparently not that favorite.

"All About Me" by Mel Brooks.   My goal is to finish this while he is still alive.

"Enough Already" by Valerie Bertinelli.   I've had only two chapters left for about three months.

"Mr. Met" by Jay Horwitz.   I'm almost done.   And tell that to Valerie Bertinelli.

"100 Stitches" by Ron Darling.  I'm almost done.  Tell that to Jay Horwitz and Valerie Bertinelli.

"Howard Stern Comes Again."   A compilation of his celebrity interviews.   I think I read two of them.

"His Final Battle."  Another history book covering just how sick FDR was in his final term as President.   I guessed I haven't finished it because I know the ending.

"Last Girl Before Freeway."  A biography of Joan Rivers.   I know the ending there, too.

"Golden Girls Forever."  A book about the making of the best episodes of the series.   When I originally bought this, Betty White was still alive.

"The Godfather" by Mario Puzo.   Okay, I read this years ago.   But I wanted to revisit the infamous Page 27 which stirred the hormones of every teenage boy in my neighborhood.   Even that hasn't propelled me into the pages.

Hang in there.   There might be a "Yay!" piece soon.   Or not.

Oh, by the way, the book I did finish in May was "The Boys" by Ron and Clint Howard.

Dinner last night:  Maple bacon salad.


No comments: