Wednesday, December 26, 2007

You Want Wednesday? You Can't Handle Wednesday!


If you're still basking in the warm glow of Christmas Day, you have come to the wrong place. Take a few minutes for some snarkiness while you sort through all those gift receipts.

---If you know somebody who actually tracks Santa Claus's progress through that NORAD website, I hope you have their name in your address book written in pencil.

---I'm sure Santa Claus got to your house.

---Except, of course, if you live in the New York metropolitan area, where he was probably delayed 60 to 90 minutes due to air traffic.

---I got an early Yuletide present last Saturday when I came out of my Rodeo Drive haircut appointment. I watched two of Beverly Hills' finest cops bust this well-dressed Hispanic woman for shoplifting.

---They had her cuffed in ten seconds. All the while, she was saying, "No speak English. No speak English!"

---But, she was certainly able to read English, because she had just come out of the Ralph Lauren store. So, she's literate enough to know that it wasn't an Old Navy.

---Have a holly jaily Christmas.

---Deck the bars with those tin cans, fa la la la la la la la la la.

---Oh, yeah, she steals because she's poor. Right. Because some poor kid understands the Polo label.

---A few days before we can officially end this year's edition of Shopping Mall Garage Wacky Racers.

---I actually saw some dumb chick almost kill about three people. She had to make a shopping lot right turn doing at least 30 MPH while yakking on a cell phone.

---Because she desperately needed to call somebody to check on Uncle Bob's neck size.

---Yo, Stupid! I have something you can wear around your neck, too. One yank fits all.

---A big salute to anybody who works in retail during the holiday season, attending to the very wish of our mostly detestable population.

---I saw more sales clerks having to contend with customers, who were simultaneously having a cell phone conversation.

---It's amazing that the folks who multi-task are ill-equipped to do even one thing at a time.

---I really did hear this exchange on Christmas Eve, when I was in a small local gift shop, which is the only place I can buy Filofax filler paper.

---A sales clerk was meticulously gift wrapping a fancy pen for this annoying cow.

---And she had the nerve to say, "Can you go a little faster? I'm in a hurry."

---Hey, lady, if you hadn't stopped at In N'Out Burger, you would have the time to wrap this yourself.

---Besides, whoever you're giving that present to probably doesn't like you anyway.

---I actually had to make an airport pickup the other day and the exodus had begun. It was a flashlight in a room full of cock roaches.

---For some inexplicable reason, I had to be in the Delta Airlines terminal. Talk about your low end clientele. I didn't know you could pay for a flight with food stamps.

---By the way, I saw Sherri Shepherd from the View at baggage claim and, according to my roommate, she was flying coach!

---LA had been much emptied out by the Sunday before Christmas. And the result is my favorite week to be in SoCal.

---In a town where everything is supposedly just twenty minutes away, you can actually get someplace in forty minutes.

---The only places that are still crowded are the movie theaters, as Hollywood types start to catch up to the Oscar buzz flicks. The Arclight lobby is a major celebrity gathering place. I stake out a spot in the corner and watch the Botox parade by.

---I saw "Juno" and "Enchanted" and I am renewed in my faith that Hollywood can still write smart comedy that is not aimed at 17 year-olds.

---Not sure if you read this. The still breathing Art Linkletter, who must be 140 years old, lost his son, TV personality Jack.

---That means this fossil outlived both his children. Given that his daughter, Diane, threw herself off a balcony 35 years ago.

---Kids do the darndest things.

Go have yourself that second piece of pie.

Dinner last night: Christmas prime rib with good friends at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Juno is not just for pregnant teens. There are plenty of adult characters and the laughs fly fast. The two kids should have major careers if there's any justice.