Thursday, December 16, 2021

Nothing To See Here

 

Here's a new game we can play.   When you get an industry screener and pop it into your Blu-Ray, count the number of times you have to rewind it because you fell asleep.

Well, with the dreadful "French Dispatch," my rewind quota was eight.    And, just so you won't be swayed, I did not watch it at night in the dark.  It was a Sunday afternoon.  Broad daylight.   And I fell asleep in a chair, not lying supine on a sofa.

That gives you a rough idea of how lousy this film is.   Oh, it comes from Wes Anderson who has made some interesting things like "The Grand Budapest Hotel."   It's always got some sort of interesting image.   But, ultimately, I had not a clue what this was about and why.   

Allegedly, we are getting some episodic tales from the French foreign press office of a Kansas newspaper supplement.   It's loaded with people you like.   From Bill Murray to Frances McDormand to Tilda Swinton to even Henry Winkler.   

But, still....ZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh, I'm sorry.   I dozed off just writing this............................

ZZZZZZZZZZ.

LEN'S RATING:  Zzzzzzzero stars.

Dinner last night: Salad.

No comments: