Friday, December 23, 2022

Your Weekend Holiday Movie Guide for December 2022

 

Christmas time used to be the best time to flock to the movies.   Whether it be Radio City Music Hall for the Rockettes and the Nativity or perhaps just your neighborhood flicker house.  There is no better way to enjoy the season.

Well, it used to be.   Now theaters have closed.   Films are premiering on your TV.  Oh, yeah, and people are still getting COVID.   Well, I plan to venture out regardless and I hope you do as well.   You know the drill, sports fans.  I'll cruise through the movie pages of the local news rag and give you my knee jerk reaction to what's playing.

Here's hoping there is something.  Anything.

Babylon:   Some Oscar buzz around this one from the LaLa Land folks.   Planned sequels are Bay Shore and Islip.  Warning:  it clocks in at 3 hours.

Avatar - Way of Water: Hated the first one, so what do you think?

Wakanda Forever:   Proud to say I am still COVID and Wakanda-free.

Violent Night:  Christmas Eve in a very rough neighborhood.

Strange World:   Disney tries their hand with a gay character.  Mickey now identifying as a ferret.

Devotion:  A Black Top Gun during the Korean War.   And a true story.   Aren't they all?

Black Adam:  And Hispanic Eve?

The Fabelmans:   And Steven Spielberg is the Beaver.

Spoiler Alert:  Decent enough but the whole movie is in the three minute trailer.

The Whale:  If you have seen current photos of Brendan Frasier, you know he plays the title role.

Empire of Light:   Starring Olivia Colman and I hate her.

Bones and All:  Cannibalism on steroids.  Eat before you go.

Puss N Boots - Last Wish:  My first wish would be...no more Puss N Boots.

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody:  Will it include the bathtub drowning?   I hope so.

Women Talking:   What else is new?

The Menu:   I wonder if you need a QR code to see it.

Dinner last night:  Sandwich.




No comments: