Thursday, May 23, 2024

32 Minus One


There's always something new going on with my body, which is breaking down like a 1955 Packard.  The knees have both been replaced.   The left hip is starting to fill up with arthritis.

And now the mouth.   A tooth that had a filling decades ago gave way to wear and tear.   It split right down the middle and is sadly not crownable.   So here comes my first implant.   Friends of mine have gone this route before.  But it's all new to me.

The first step was the tooth extraction.  Now I wait four months for it to heal so a post can be grafted onto the jawbone.  Then several months later, I get the new tooth.  And my dentist gets to remodel his kitchen with my money.

In the meantime, I've got a space on my upper case right side.  Except there is something called a flipper.  See above.  It slips in and out with ease and I can chew with it.

It will serve its purpose over the next nine months.  But I'm still not going for new headshots.

Dinner last night:  Had a big lunch so nothing really.

No comments: