Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Morons of the Month - September 2018

No, not him.   I am not that mean.   From everything I have heard, the late Senator John McCain was a decent guy who served his country in battle and then civil work.   My tendency is to lump all sleazy politicians into one heap of trash.   My guess is that McCain was a little less sleazy than the rest.

No, the real moronic hysteria around his death can be found...well...all around us.  It was the reaction on social media by those who are on the liberal side of the aisle.   They were fawning over McCain just a decade after they were trashing the guy left and right as he ran for President against the heavenly praised Barack Obama.   

I read it on Facebook.   I saw it in the newspapers.   For Pete's sake, I heard it from my own pastor who made him the subject of her sermon.   I asked the logical question afterwards, even though I knew the answer.

If John McCain was that great, how come you didn't vote for him?

"Um, well...er...I didn't agree with anything he stood for."

Another two-faced Liberal Democrat.   And there are millions of them around us.   People who refuse to use their brains to assess our condition.  No, let's just recite the super babble talking points that are embedded in our brains.  I mean, I remember reading on-line some comments from folks when McCain was diagnosed with his fatal illness.

"Well now, he'll finally understand how bad health care coverage is."

Morons.

And, frankly, it's no different on the other side of the aisle.   A lot of Republicans didn't like him either.  But, upon his passing, he was virtually canonized.

Oh, please.

I believe this more than ever in 2018 America.  We are hopelessly and fatally polarized to the point where our freedom will be virtually extinct in 50 or so years.  

I have always said that, if Adolf Hitler was still alive and he had a "D" or a "R" after his name, those political parties would figure out some talking points to support him.

"Oh, he was unfairly treated by that art school teacher."

"He was probably abused as a child.  Sniff, sniff."

"His hatred of Jews....I blame Donald Trump."

Okay, as much as I can't stand the current President's boorish behavior, he offered only faint praise upon McCain's death.   Hey, Trump and McCain hated each other.   At least, Trump didn't subscribe to the ultra phoniness everyone else is demonstrating.\

So, as a result of all this Liberal sermonizing, the McCain funeral turned out to be nothing more than a SNL cold opening minus Alec Baldwin.  The bashing was led by none other than the elitist fraud Barack Obama.   The last time he had any class was at Harvard.   And he probably cut that.  

Grow up, folks.

In reality, I think McCain would have made a better and more moderate President than the snob that beat him in 2008.   I probably could have gotten behind him more than most idiots that have occupied the Oval Office. But that's the most effusiveness you will get out of me regarding John McCain.  I will always remember him as the guy who bitched, moaned, and groaned when the Dodgers clinched the NL West a few years back and dove into the Diamondbacks pool.   On that day, McCain came off as a cranky old bastard and I think that's pretty much what he was in real life.

Dinner last night:  The pre-game buffet at the Dodger Stadium Club.




No comments: