Thursday, May 28, 2020

Hollywood Then and Now - May 2020

Even as a small boy, I remember the news of Marilyn Monroe's death.   I recall it being a big deal with my parents and my aunts and uncles.

Well, the official story is that she took one too many overdoses of pills and liquor.   Of course, there is thought that she was murdered by an injection supervised by then-Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

Regardless, she is still dead and here's where her body was found on a small cul-de-sac in Brentwood, California.
The cul-de-sac still exists in 2020.   There's some new construction on the road, but the entrance to Marilyn's small house is all the way down at the end.

And there is a gate.
But behind it...
It looks very much the same.

Don't worry.  I wasn't arrested for trespassing.   The last photo comes from the real estate prospectus when the house was sold three years ago.

Meanwhile, I have learned to take photos with my camera very quickly.

Dinner last night:  Leftover roast beef and salad.

No comments: