Friday, June 17, 2022

Your Weekend Movie Guide for June 2022

 

I guess we would be remiss in not mentioning that "Deep Throat" opened fifty years ago this month.  So there.

What's out in theaters in June 2022?   Well, you know the drill, gang.  I'll sift through the movie pages of the local newspaper and give you my knee jerk reaction to what's out there.   My guess is that it's nowhere close to "Deep Throat."  A tough fact to swallow.

Top Gun Maverick:  Reviewed here yesterday.   Good summer diversion even if the sequel took 36 years to come out.

Jurassic World Dominion:  When dinosaurs rule the world.   Which I think is now.   And that includes you, Maxine Waters.

The Bob's Burgers Movie:  I hear the comedy in this animation is well done, but my viewings of the TV show have been rare.

Lightyear:  Another Pixar adventure but what??!!!  No Tim Allen???!!!

Good Luck to You, Leo Grande:  Emma Thompson tries to spice up her sex life. Um, not with me.

Official Competition:  Something with Penelope Cruz and Antonio Banderas Jr.. which means there will be accents.

My Fake Boyfriend:  Creating a guy on social media.  So it's NoFace Book?

Jerry and Marge Go Large:  Bryan Cranston and Annette Bening in a true story about a couple that keeps hitting the lottery.   And today's Power Ball numbers are...

Blowback:  A compilation of Joe Biden's press conferences?

Halftime:  A documentary about Jennifer Lopez.  By Jennifer Lopez.

Thor - Love and Thunder:  When do these comic book movies stop?

Doctor Strange - Multiverse of Madness:  Apparently no time soon.

Downton Era - A New Era:  It's been out a month.  When is the next movie, please?

The Bad Guys:  Some animation feature which I still don't care about.

Dinner last night:  Chicken cacciatore in Business Class JFK to LAX.


No comments: