Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October Surprise

The title of today's entry refers to that political bombshell that usually pops up just before Election Day and has the ability to screw up a candidate for office.   In 2020, the Hunter Biden laptop scandal was supposed to be an October surprise.   The only trouble is the scummy news media suppressed it.

Well, we're coming up on Election Day shortly and I had a political surprise of my own.  Follow me through the requisite back story.

I am a registered Independent and that rare bird...a moderate.   Essentially, I hate everyone.   I trust no politicians.   And when the Los Angeles Times prints their endorsements, I do just the opposite.

Now, here in Los Angeles, there is a race for Mayor between businessman Rick Caruso and Congressperson Karen Bass.  I hear he's a bit of a creep but I am way too familiar with Karen Bass as in Ass.  She's been my House representative for about ten years and totally incompetent.  

Moreover, I was very concerned about her views on Affordable Health Care.  Over the years, I tried to contact her office five different times on the matter.  Never once did I have the courtesy of a response.   From Ms Bass as in Ass or her assistant or the college intern.   The buzz is that they profile last names and respond accordingly...if you know what I mean.

So, the Karen Bass incident has made me even more skeptical of elected officials...if that's even possible.   Now, at the same time, I've been bombarded with ads and flyers for a candidate running to be my LA City Council rep.  Enough already.

But one communication includes a way to respond so, citing my distrust of Karen Bass, I simply asked Sam Yebri how he was going to serve his citizens.

Two days later, I got a cell phone call and didn't recognize the number.   I ignored it.   My voice mail kicked as well as an email.   

From Sam Yebri himself.

He wanted to know what he could do to earn my vote.   I simply wrote that the fact he even called me back was a jaw-dropping moment in my life.   I asked him to just be fair and balanced how he viewed government.   And to respond to the people when they approached him.   

He wrote back and told me he worked in the private sector.  If he was unresponsive, he could be fired.

That got my vote.  Plus I did a little reading and, while he's a Democrat, he appears to be a bit of a centrist.
 

Even better.  He was not endorsed by the assholes at the LA Times.

Dinner last night:  Leftover beef stew.

No comments: