Tuesday, January 24, 2023

And You Wonder Why....

 

I have been doing this blog since March 2007.  Over 5,800 daily posts.   That is a lot.  

Now I have written here recently about the future of this blog.   Most of that was frustration about finding new and fresh material.   I considered perhaps reducing the frequency of entries.   But, once I had a few more new movies to review, I have experienced a renaissance of sorts and started to look forward to our virtual anniversary in two months.

Until...

Over the weekend, I got five emails from the Google Blogger team.   I was being alerted that five of my entries featured "inappropriate content" and would be flagged with a warning.   Indeed, I checked those entries and, lo and behold, you have to click first that you understand this is "inappropriate content" before you can actually read it.

What, what, WHAT??

Now I have friends who have been put in Facebook jail for posting "incorrect" information or getting overly political.  But I don't dabble in that stuff on social media.   Blog-wise, I can be a bit more opinionated.    So I was curious to know what kind of hate speech I had exhibited to warrant a finger wag from Blogger.

Hmmm.

I looked at all five offending entries.   Several of them were ten to twelve years old.   One was a review of the movie "Indignation" which I had completely forgotten.   Nothing offense there, except I used the expression "blow job" because it was part of the plot of the movie.

Another violation came from an old piece I had written upon the death of disc jockey Don Imus.   I had years ago had an encounter with him.   There was a lot of profanity on his part.   I needed to use it to tell the story.

Flagged.

The last straw came from a piece about eight years ago when I wrote about my latest colonoscopy.   Indeed, it was a comedic look at the process.  But it was also intended as a public service reminding everybody to get tested when they can.

Flagged.

If you seriously doubt that we are being watched and managed and controlled in this alleged free country, you are mistaken.

Given the time lag on these violations, I will keep pressing on for now.   I figure nasty things I write about Nancy Pelosi won't get cited for another ten years or so.

Harrumph.

Dinner last night:  Leftover chicken parm.

No comments: