Friday, January 20, 2023

Your Weekend Movie Guide for January 2023

 

Every time I see one of these vintage photos of people lined up to see a holiday show at Radio City Music Hall, my inside spirit dies a little more.  Such wonderful memories.   Of course, it was okay to stand on lines if my mom was running this excursion.   My dad?   Let's wait for the movie to "come up here," meaning Mount Vernon, New York.

So what are we on line to see this January?   What's that you say?  Nothing?  No kidding.   But, nevertheless, I'll do the monthly process and comb through the entertainment pages to see what is competing for our dollar these month.  Spoiler alert:  I think your wallet will win.

M3gan:  That's not a typo.   That's the title of the movie about some killer child doll.   I'm not intrigued enough to go and find out what the title signifies.

Avatar - The Way of Water:   The way of this water for me is right down the drain.

A Man Called Otto:   Tom Hanks as a doddering old guy.   Because, when you think about it, he really is a doddering old guy.

Plane:  Or with peanuts.

House Party:  Given the hip hoppers in the ad, I doubt this is the old TV show with Art Linkletter.

Puss N Boots - The Last Wish:   I hate cats.

Black Panther - Wakanda Forever:   I still can't understand how I actually went to see the first film.   

The Devil Conspiracy:   Could be a documentary on Adam Schiff?

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With You:   Bathtubs courtesy of Kohler.

Babylon:  I was curious about this one from the "La La Land" folks, but, at three plus hours, I am told it's 90 minutes too long.

Women Talking:  Men Listening.

Violent Night:   All is calm?

The Fabelmans:  This autobiography about Spielberg as a kid could get him another Oscars.

Broker:   What we are since Biden got into office.

After Love:  A widow discovers her husband died with a secret.   Who doesn't?

Blaze:  A young girl witnesses a violent crime and summons up a dragon to protect her.   That is, until the government decides that possession of a dragon is illegal.

Alone At Night:  A woman in a cabin at night.   I am sure this doesn't bode well.

Detective Knight - Independence:  Starring Bruce Willis and I thought he retired.

Kids Vs. Aliens:  The ones from space not Mexico.

Out of Exile:   A recently paroled thief tries to balance his life.   These days, he would have been paroled within two hours in Chicago.

The Whale:   Brendan Fraser gains weight and possibly an Oscar nomination.  To be followed by a Nutrisystem endorsement.

Dinner last night:  Salad.

No comments: