Thursday, July 27, 2023

Hollywood Then and Now - July 2023

Every once in a while, this crazy movie buff is surprised.  I know people think I have seen EVERYTHING, but there are some films that have skipped past me.   And thanks to Turner Classic Movies, I do catch up to them.

Like two weeks when, for the very first time, I watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."  Indeed, the movie certainly meant more to me now than it would have over 30 years ago, since I used to work right across the street from the mall that used in the film.

But they also shot elsewhere.   I was watching the scene with Judge Reinhold waiting on a customer in the ice cream store and I exclaimed...."That's in Brentwood!"

To be specific, it was the sign of the cleaners in the background that still stands to this day.

The ice cream store...not so much.

Fittingly, it's now a coffee shop in 2023.

Dinner last night:  Peach and prosciutto sandwich from Mendocino Farms.

 

No comments: