Tuesday, July 18, 2023

And Then This Happened...

 

Since I started doing this blog in....gasp...March of 2007, I would always pay attention to special entry numbers, anniversary dates, etc..  

Until yesterday.   When I realized that I had posted #6000 and didn't know it.

How does that happen?

Well, regular readers will notice that this blog of 6,001 entries now features a lot of what I would call "repurposed" pieces.   Sunday Memory Drawers and This Date in History are almost always repeats...simply updated.  But, then again, the so-called "Live with Kelly and Mark" is pre-recorded two days every week.   So, shit happens.  And I suppose there are always new readers who are having their first experience with some material.

This blog used to be a big deal with me.   Now I just do it...to do it.   I must say that some recent censoring from the folks at Google has made me take a rather blase view of keeping this up.   But then I remember this was all started so I could have a daily writing exercise, so I guess that still fits.

Indeed, blogs used to be a hot commodity....back in 2007.  Now there are Vlogs and podcasts and dozens of other ways to get your point across.

For me and for now, Len Speaks still exists and, while it has lost a little luster and spontaneity, it will continue.   At least that's how I feel today.  As for tomorrow...

Well, you'll just have to check in for # 6002.

Dinner last night:  Hot dog and salad.

1 comment:

Puck said...

Still read it every day.