Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Curious Case of Thadeus J. Phillips

And just who is Thadeus J. Phillips?  Beats the shit out of me.  But I've been consistently getting his mail over the past two weeks.   His name.   My address plus apartment number.   I've been in this apartment now for three years.   This is the first time I've been getting mail for Thadeus J. Phillips.

I asked the owner of the condo I rent.   She's been renting it out for almost 13 years.   But never to a Thadeus J. Phillips.

So what kind of mail has Thadeus J. Phillips been getting?   Lots of notices from law firms.   The IRS.   Personal letters.   He obviously lives.

So I've been doing the same thing on my end.   I write in big black letters on the front.."NOT AT THIS ADDRESS.  RETURN TO SENDER."  But, since this requires reading and the employees of my local post office have no more than a second grade education, the same mail gets re-delivered to me about half the time.

Grrrr.

So, as my Thadeus J. Phillips adventure drifts into its third week, I opted to do some detective work.   Via the private investigator's best friend in 2019.

Google.

The Thadeus J. Phillips that resides in California is 45 and apparently lives in Riverside.  Oh, and for $14.95, I could get his arrest record and, according to sources, there might be one.

Terrific.

Now I am hoping for two things.   That this guy actually Googles himself and realizes his mail is going to an address where he apparently has never lived.  Fingers crossed that his past arrests don't involve violence.

More likely, I am really hoping and praying that my mail carriers finally take some remedial reading courses.

Dinner last night:  Leftover beef and potato salad.

No comments: