Thursday, August 1, 2019

Yay! I Finished Reading Another Book...Oh, Wait, I'm Lying

I'm not proud of this.   I don't read.   

I can remember summers of my youth, hunched up against the kitchen fan with a good book.   Baseball books.  Celebrity biographies.  Even the occasional novel from time to time.

Once I got out of school, I moved away from reading.   But, at least, I still dabbled in it from time to time.  

When I first started this blog, I did a piece similar to this.  Lamenting on how the only times I really cracked open a book was on a plane.  I used this daily diary as a means to spur me on.   After every book I finished reading, I would do a book report here.   The series would be called "Yay!  I Finished Reading Another Book."

That inspiration worked.  For a while.   I finally started to tackle the pile of books I buy and never open.

And then I stopped.  Again.   I did a search on this blog to find the last book report I did.

Um, it was the tome about the death of Dorothy Kilgallen.   The piece ran on August 22, 2017!

Shit.

In the meanwhile, the books, as you see above, have piled up around my house.

I am half way through former Dodger GM Ned Colletti's memoirs.   I have been half way through for over a year.

I bought Ron Darling's new book.  Still waiting.

I bought Howard Stern's new book.  Still unopened.

I bought Doris Kearns Goodwin's book on Presidential leadership.  Still sitting.

I bought a biography of Joan Rivers.   She's still dead.  The book is not alive with me either.

I just ordered Mark Levin's new dissertation on "Unfreedom of the Press."  That is awaiting its spot on my shelf.

Of course, I am wasting time in this on-line lamentation.   

Where's that Colletti book????

Dinner last night:  Leftover pizza.


No comments: