Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The Week of Anger, Part 1

 

It is palpable.   It is all around us.  It is all encompassing.  The world has made us all...

...angry.

Such was my week where a bunch of things just set me off and consumed the life I live.   Stupid, you say?   Screw you, I say.

The first stuff to light my fuse were three very innocent stories in the show business trade papers.   Beginning with the announcement that a reboot of "Ally McBeal" might be proceeding.  Sweet!  Having just watched the almost thirty-year-old show for the very first time, I can get into this.

Except the lead character will be Black and perhaps the daughter of Ally's roommate Renee.

Okay, so then, this is not Ally McBeal.  It is somebody else.   And I read where show creator David E. Kelley has given the blessing for this, but won't be involved.

So what's the point?   And here we have another example of needless and crammed-down-your-throat-for-no-good-reason...die-versity.

This is the world we live in.   White people are no longer necessary or apparently interested.   There is no better time in America not to be White.

Except I am.

And then I turn the page of the trade paper and I am confronted with the same nonsense all over again.

Amazon has dropped for our entertainment pleasure an updated TV show based on "A League of Their Own."  Folks, that is truly one of my favorite baseball movies.   Perfect in every way.

Except not perfect enough to not be "reimagined."  You see, that's the new word in Hollywood.   Take something that was perfectly fine and change it around so you can achieve the ideal and accepted-by-somebody-else die-versity.

Yep, this "League of Their Own," allegedly approved by director Penny Marshall on her death bed, is full of Black and other ethnic groups.   And liberally spread in some folks from the LGBTQ world.   It is now "reimagined."

And ruined.   And I am even angrier.

But I turn the page to read a story about the Broadway revival of the wonderful "1776."  All about our founding fathers.

Except they will all be playing by founding mothers.  And half the cast is Black.

AUDIBLE SCREAM.

Dinner last night:  Grilled tomato and mozzarella sandwich.

No comments: