Thursday, September 19, 2024

All The Word Salad You Can Eat

 

Only in a country as stupid as the United States could somebody like Kamala Harris succeed. 

“I, based on experience and, uh, and, a lived experience, know in my heart, I know in my soul, I know that the vast majority of us as Americans have in common so much more than what separates us,” 

“And I also believe that I am accurate in knowing that most Americans want a leader who brings us together as Americans — and not someone who professes to be a leader who is trying to have us point our fingers at each other.”

"We will work together, and continue to work together, to address these issues…and to work together as we continue to work, operating from the new norms, rules, and agreements, that we will convene to work together...we will work on this together."

"The work of community work and in particular violence intervention is about investing in community, understanding our capacity, understanding the greatness, and then being motivated with that knowledge to do what we can to reduce harm, but not for the sake only of reducing harm, but in investing in the potential, and the greatness. That is the essence of this work."

"Well, I’ll start with this: I grew up as a middle-class kid. My mother raised my sister and me. She worked very hard. I grew up in a neighborhood of folks who were very proud of their lawn. You know? And, um, and I was raised to believe and to know that all people deserve dignity.” 

"The children of the community are the children of the community, who live in the community."

Dinner last night:  Sandwich.

No comments: