Ever since I was a kid, my favorite sandwich is a BLT. If it is the summer and prime tomato time, I've even more of a fan.
Of late, I have been frequenting a farmer's market and the tomatoes right now are superb. I had the urge for a BLT, but I didn't want the bread. So, here's the sandwich in a bowl, instead of nestled between two pieces of rye.
First off, I put several thick cut slabs of bacon into the air fryer. 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Let them drain on a paper towel.
I had some great romaine lettuce which I tore into pieces. Then I sliced up two tomatoes. All of the above went into a bowl.
And what's a BLT without mayo? Try maxing 3/4 cup of the white stuff with 1/4 cup of milk. Whisk in together with a half teaspoon of garlic powder.
Trust me. You won't miss the bread.
Dinner last night: Sandwich.

No comments:
Post a Comment