Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

I don't think Elton John had last Saturday night in mind when he wrote that song.  

Indeed, one more time in America, we go through a nationwide riot.   It's nothing new really. 

1967.

1968.

1992.

2020.

It always starts the same with the best of poor intentions.  A peaceful protest.  Allegedly.   And then the mayhem starts.  Something gets lit.   A bottle gets thrown.   And voila...

Mega-riot.   

I watched the carnage from coast to coast.  Minneapolis where I hope and pray nothing happened to the statue of Mary Tyler Moore.   New York City where St. Patrick's Cathedral was desecrated.   And my home of Los Angeles where small businesses were plundered.  And two restaurants that I have enjoyed on multiple occasions, Pizzeria Mozza and Petit Trois, were vandalized.

Fun times.

Okay, what happened to this poor guy named George Floyd in Minnesota was despicable.   The optic of live video made a horrible scene even worse.   A white cop on his neck.   Detestable.   Unfathomable.   Evil.

And one more coal is thrown onto the fire of all white policemen being racist.   

Of course, they're not all racist.   I would say 98% of them are not.   You hear cries of systemic racism all across America.   Yet, this is a country which has elected many people of color to higher office.   For Pete's sake, the United States elected a man of color to be President not once but twice.

And there's the secret word, Groucho.   Obama.   

America had made great and wonderful strides in dealing with diversity.   But, suddenly a Boston policeman and an African-American learned professor have an unfortunate altercation.   We've all provided with a teachable moment by our Savior and it's off to the races.    Barack the community rabble rouser extraordinaire finally got to begin the true agenda behind his Presidency.  After that, we were inundated with one uncomfortable moment after another.

Most of them resulting in fire, damage, and looting.   Hello, Detroit.  Hello, Watts.   Hello, Rodney King.

Out the broken window goes all of the progress this nation has made.  Suddenly, all white men are bigots.   All men of color are innocent even if they are holding a 70 inch LED television screen they just lifted out of Walmart.  And, for some reason last Saturday night as the carnage mounted, I could envision Barack Obama sitting in front of his TV.   Eating popcorn and enjoying the images as if it was the sequel to "Black Panther."

The business model is alive and well.  And our nation suffers again.

Early on, in my life, I was thought a very basic tenet of life by my father.

"If you are ever stopped by a policeman, just nod and say yes."

That stuck with me.   And the very first time I got pulled over as a young driver on the Bronx River Parkway in NY, I started to question what I had did wrong.   Big mistake.   I wound up with not one but two tickets.   

I was white.   The snide officer was Black.   And there you go.

I respect the police always.  On my way out of the stadium after a Dodger game, there are always a few patrolmen standing nearby.   I always take the time to thank them for keeping me safe.    I would venture to guess that most of them are decent people who put their lives on the line every day.    And, as the hatred against their few bad eggs mounts, all their jobs become geometrically more difficult.

There is no excuse for what happened in Minnesota.   And the resulting mess that erupted in cities across our nation.   I truly believe that there are high level syndicates in this country whose sole purpose is to fund discourse when the opportunity arises.   I will talk about one of them later this week in another post.   But there is a lot of money with some people whose job is to continue tearing down our lives and hard work in America.    

Just think about some of the images from last weekend.   The elaborately done protest signs.   They did not suddenly appear spontaneously.   Another way you can tell that there was a hidden organization spurring all this violence?   

There were no spelling mistakes on the signs.

Now I have some friends who contend that white supremacists are inciting the violence.  To them, I suggest they do a little digging on their own that isn't done on news sources like MSNBC and others.

Also please notice the getaway cars that are shepherding looters home with their bounty.   All high end cars.   Black town cars.   Obviously a rental fleet.  Hmmm.

A friend of mine has a pal in Santa Monica city government had the definitive answer.

"This is all Antifa."

Mike drop.   

Trust me.  Nothing is changing any time soon.  This will sadly continue.    Again, the business model has been activated.   You hear pleas for peace.   In reality, there are those who don't want anything of the sort.   

And so it goes...

Dinner last night:  Leftover spare ribs.


No comments: