Friday, November 19, 2021

Your Weekend Movie Guide for November 2021


Sixty years ago, going to the movies was a big deal.   And apparently created front page traffic jams in front of Radio City Music Hall which was playing Disney's "The Absent Minded Professor."   

Those were the days that are not any more.   These days, if there's a line to see in a first run movie, it might go from your dining room to your living room.  You know the monthly drill, ladies and gentlemen.  I'll cruise through the movie pages...well, actually, page...of the LA Times and give you my knee jerk opinion of what's new on the big screen these days.

Trust me.  It won't be as cool as Flubber.

Julia:  A documentary on chef Julia Child, which looks interesting.   I wonder if it backs up my mom's theory that she was always drunk on TV.

Eternals:  More super hero bullshit.   When does it ever end?

Clifford the Big Red Dog:   Curb your movie.

Belfast:  1969 Ireland.   My only interest is that this film comes with the new "Downton Abbey" trailer.

Dune:  A reboot of something I never saw in the first place.

No Time To Die:  I'm skipping this James Bond flick as I want to salute the end of Daniel Craig in these movies.

Ghostbusters - Afterlife:   Who are you going to call?

The French Dispatch:   This was on my guide last month and I know even less about it now.

Spencer:  About Lady Diana, not the TV detective once played by Robert Urich.

Venom - Let There Be Carnage:   This is what Nancy Pelosi says was uttered last January 6.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings:   More Marvel nonsense I need to ignore.

Last Night in Soho:   A murder mystery in 1960's London.   Hardly a grabber of a plotline for me.

C'Mon C'Mon:   A journalist takes his nephew on a cross country trip.   It stars Joaquin Phoenix, so this might qualify as an amber alert.

King Richard:  Will Smith as the father of Venus and Serena Williams.   I prefer the Dodger catcher, not the actor.

Tick...Tick...BOOM:  A drama about Jonathan Larson who created "Rent" and died before it became a success.   Alert the supply chain.   Unload the Kleenex.

Dinner last night:  Sandwich.

No comments: