Friday, February 16, 2024

Your Weekend Movie Guide for February 2024


 Ah, the beloved Cinerama Dome shown on its opening night in 1963.   "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" was the first feature and truly it's been a mad world since the Dome and the adjoining Arclight complex closed due to COVID in March 2020.  The rumor now is that they are renovating and will open in 2025.   Yes and please.

Meanwhile, other cinema houses continue to unveil the garbage Hollywood has to offer.   You know the monthly drill by now.   I'll sift through Fandango and give you my gut reaction to what's out there this week.

As for me, I'll continue to dream of that dome.

Lisa Frankenstein:  Everybody I dated in college.

Argylle:  Not the socks.   I think there's a cat involved.

Out of Darkness:   Set in the Stone Age.  Wilma!!!!

Anyone But You:  Recently reviewed here.  Surprisingly clever rom com.

Mean Girls:  Needless remake of a movie that was needless in the first place.

Poor Things:  Recently reviewed here.   Perhaps the worst movie I have saw.  But look at all those Oscar noms.

American Fiction:   Whites are bad.  Blacks are good.  Rinse and repeat.

Turning Red:  The latest Pixar garbage.

The Beekeeper:  Not getting stung.

Cell Phone:  Gee, I wonder.

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive:  Spoiler alert...she doesn't.

Bob Marley - One Love:  Reggae is the hip hop of the 60s.

Madame Web:   More superhero bullshit.

Altered Reality:  Joe Biden's thought process.

Bleeding Love:  Thelma and Louise with a father and daughter.

Land of Bad:  Some war movie with Russell Crowe.  

Lights Out:  The LA power grid.

No Way Up:  Airport meets the Poseidon Adventure.   A plane crashes to the ocean floor.

Dinner last night:  Had a huge lunch.



No comments: