Thursday, September 24, 2026

Len's Recipe of the Month - September 2026

 

Actually there are numerous ones every month.  Because I am now addicted to making meals in an air fryer.   This is mine...called InstantPot...and you can tell it gets used a lot by the fingerprints on it.   Frankly, I would probably be the last person you would expect such an addiction from.

I bought it on a whim...actually an Amazon Prime sale...several years, largely because I heard it's great to make French fries and chicken wings.   I was intrigued by the lack of oil needed.   I figured this is a healthy device.

Now, several years later, I still haven't made chicken wings in this thing.   But I have done a lot more.   Because all you have to do is Google "how to make _____ in an air fryer" and you get your answers.   Pretty much, everything gets done in 12 to 14 minutes.

I am continually shocked at what you can do with the right prep.   Ribeye steak?  Phenomenal.  Roasted vegetables?  Magnificent.  Korean chicken thighs?  Terrific.  A juicy hamburger.  Perfection.  Even my prized pan-roasted grape tomatoes now doesn't need the...well...pan.

Plus the number of frozen entrees that can get quickly cooked is amazing.  On the web, I have found a recipe that allows you to make an olive oil cake in this thing.  And clean-up is a breeze.  No different than washing a pot or a pan.

There's an Amazon Prime sales day coming.   Note to you.

Dinner last night:  Sandwich.

No comments: