Such a small, inconsequential item. I remember my dad always had one in his mouth after a meal...emulating former baseball manager Dusty Baker.
As for me, I did all the other things one does to clean teeth. Oral-B. Mouthwash. Dental floss. But those are tough to do when you are out and about in public. In those moments, a toothpick is needed.
Try to find one.
Okay, a little back story. Back of my mouth, particularly. There's some long term movement of teeth going on in my advanced age. What is happening has resulted in some pronounced space between two teeth in the left back side of my mouth. As a result, food gets wedged in there pretty snugly. And I keep feeling it with my tongue that just makes me even more annoyed.
Now if I am home, there is no issue. Oral B. Mouthwash. Dental floss. But when I'm out at the movies or at Dodger Stadium or really any public place for that matter, food connects to that area and doesn't move.
A perfect role for a handy toothpick.
Okay, try and find one.
Bartenders don't have them.
Waiters don't have them.
Concession stands don't have them.
Suddenly, you're spending most of your fun evening out in a futile attempt to get a piece of a hot dog out of your mouth.
Last week at the ballpark, I bummed some dental floss off the woman who runs the souvenir stand near me. That helped but I'm hoping that someone in our society will find reason enough to bring back this little but handy device. I mean, there are many other uses.
How does a kid finish his school project which is a piggy back made of toothpicks?
Dinner last night: Leftover pizza.
Dinner last night:

No comments:
Post a Comment