Thursday, February 1, 2018

Moron of the Month - February 2018

Let's get this month's stupidity out of the way on Day One.

This is my Congress representative Karen Bass...leave off the B.  I have never met her or seen her out in public.  She is my voice in the House of Representatives and I might as well have Marcel Marceau.  

As most people know, I think there should be a special place in Hell for anybody who's ever held public office.  To be a politician is to be a complete fraud and Karen Bass...leave off the B...is no different.  She doesn't represent my views or even has acknowledged my opinion, which I did try to share with her three years ago.   More on that later.  Simply, she is just the typical political charlatan who takes her party views and turns them into her own original thoughts.   Of course, when it comes to politicians, there really are no original thoughts.

So, two nights ago, I was upholding my long standing streak of not watching the State of the Union address.   I have not watched one since 2002 and the only reason I viewed that one was because we were still enduring the pain and trauma of 9/11.  These speeches are a pointless charade in a country which is now hopelessly and fatally fractured by two completely inept political parties. But, apparently just as the speech ended, my phone rang.  I looked at the caller ID.

OFFICE OF KAREN BASS.

I've had these calls before but was looking to be amused.  I picked it up.

Ms. Bass...leave off the B...was doing one of her phone town halls.  She was jabbering about whatever Trump said and somehow meandered into discussing how the United States should worry about poor people in Africa.

I hung up.  

I thought about my drive back from the gym earlier in the day.  I passed one homeless encampment after another.   This is a critical problem in Los Angeles right now.   Hey, the homeless are the main reason why all those fires started two months ago.   One of those folks who ignited the flames on the side of the 405 Freeway in Brentwood is not hiding in the crawlspace of my church. That's one of a dozen or so issues in my neighborhood right now.

So what is Karen Bass...leave off the B...focusing on?   Everything but.   She is just one more asshole who simply parrots her party's talking points as if Edgar Bergen had his hand up her back.   This woman represents me in Washington DC and is utterly clueless and worthless.

But I knew that already.

Flashback to three years ago.  For some bizarre reason, the office of Karen Bass...leave off the B...contacted me to help her battle Tea Party Republicans who were gunning for Obama's Affordable Healthcare Act.  Oh, and the way to defeat it was by clicking a convenient link.   It took me to her re-election campaign fund drive.

Typical.

So I chose to actually e-mail Ms. Bass...leave off the B.   I explained to this moron that health care was a very complex issue in America.   I related to her all the costs I was bearing at the time with my own private health insurance...costs that were depleting my bank account quickly.  I invited her to have a dialogue with me.

Karen Bass...leave off the B...never had the common courtesy to respond.  Likely, she never saw the e-mail.  I am guessing somebody on her overpaid staff looked at my last name, said "white guy," and immediately trashed it.

And there you have it.  American government in a nutshell.  

But, as I salute Karen Bass...leave off the B...as this month's honorary moron, I realize that it could be worse.   I could live several miles south and wind up with Maxine Waters as my Congressional representative.  I have friends who are stuck with her.   They also tried to contact her.   

They didn't get an answer either.

Dinner last night:  Leftover sausage and peppers.  




No comments: