Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Morons of the Month - April 2021

 

No, no, I am not calling these two "morons."   I am smarter than that.   My taxes would be liable to go up a lot more than they already were.   And, frankly, these two are geniuses.   Any folks who manage to get to the two top positions of the nation on a minimum of smarts should be congratulated.

No, my issue this month is with all the super vocal people who supported them.  Okay, I don't challenge anybody's vote.   You are totally allowed to pull the lever for whoever you like.   I don't argue with that.   If you find solace and comfort with any politician, have yourself a time.   Personally, I think the last election offered us the worst choices in American history.

But, last year on social media, there was an awful lot of hand wringing from the Democratic supporters and Trump haters.   And it got nasty.   I saw fights break out on Facebook.   I watched friendships come apart.   And, if I had to take a poll, I would venture to say that more of the nastiness came from the left side of things.   

Yep, it was ugly.

And then there was a lot of gloating.   And preening.  And pronouncements that some people were better and smarter than others.

Uh huh.

It's interesting how quiet it's gotten on Facebook ever since then.

Let's see.   Gas prices have shot through the roof.   My accountant has already told me my estimated taxes for 2021 will go up 30%.   Meanwhile, the open border policy now offered by America is fast becoming a health issue in this nation.   And anybody who watched President Biden's first press conference have to be convinced that this man is not operating on all cylinders.  They used to say Reagan was out of it during his second term.   Comparatively, what we have now is Ronny's third term.

But you see none of this from some of the bigger mouths on Facebook.   Several such friends spent last week celebrating "National Crayon Day!"  Or focusing on Biden's dogs.   Or Jill Biden's April Fool's prank.  Chaos at the southern border?  Oh, pish tosh.  

These are the true morons.   The folks who simply wanted Trump out and never took the time to read their party's national platform.   Well, I did.  And I could have told you that the open border and tax increases and gasoline inflation were going to be a natural result of what the party was planning.  And things will get worse.

But you now have crickets from some of your friends on social media.  For the last four years, they spent hours sitting on their fast asses and regurgitating everything they heard from the goose steppers on MSNBC.

Now it's the sounds of silence.

And people wonder why I respect them less than I ever had.  

Dinner last night:  Leftover Chinese food.



No comments: