Thursday, October 7, 2021

Morons of the Month - October 2021

 

Okay, truth be told, I am very proud of the fact that I have pretty much ignored late night television since Johnny Carson hung up his microphone.  Oh, sure, I might have checked in from time to time on Leno and Letterman.  But, by and large, Johnny was my guy and I held out my loyalty to him.

What I truly liked about Carson is that he was an equal opportunity offender.  He would lampoon anyone and you really never knew what his political leaning was.  You tuned in to ease out of your day with a couple of laughs and a fun interview or two with the likes of Tony Randall or Suzanne Pleshette.

A perfect way to say good night.

Not any more.   Because, in 2021, late night television is just another way to get somebody else's viewpoints hammered into your skull.  There is no better example of this that the recent day last month where every late night host devoted a show to teaching you all about climate change.  Ha!  If anybody had ever presented this idea to Johnny, he would have shoved his carbon footprint up their collective asses.

To boot, none of the hosts pictured above are worth my time or yours.  Especially coming off a few years where Donald Trump was living rent free in their heads.

Samantha Bee?   As funny as a colo-rectal exam.

Seth Meyers?  Pass.

Stephen Colbert?   Not even technically a comic and he is still basking in his invitation to Barack Obama's birthday soiree.

Trevor Noah?   Token.

James Corden?   Not everything from across the pond is brilliant.

Jimmy Kimmel?  Hmmm.  I am still waiting for the #MeToo brigade to get him.   I know somebody who worked for his show.   I have stories.

Jimmy Fallon, at least, tries to be a little middle-of-the-road but it still pains me that he is working on Johnny's "Tonight Show."

Indeed, the whole late night format has gone to hell in a hand basket.  

It's 11PM.  Do you know where your pillow is?

Dinner last night:  Pizza with good friends Bob and Ellen while watching the MLB Wild Card Game.



No comments: