Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nobody Loves Chachi

For those of you who thought there was absolutely no way that former teen heart throb Scott Baio could ever be connected to the White House, take heed. It is possible. And the days have been less than happy for Joanie Cunningham's former main squeeze.

Maybe you read about it. Baio, who has already twice hit "empty" on the career-o-meter, got some nasty press over one of this tweets. It seems he found a rather unflattering photo of one Ms. Michelle Obama and posted a comment on the unfortunate picture.

"I can't believe he wakes up to this every morning."

As I am a big, big fan of the FLOTUS (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), I couldn't click the snapshot fast enough.

To say it is "unflattering," well, that's being American Red Cross-kind. The photo is horrible. But, it also bears out everything that I have heard about Michelle from people who have worked for or with her.

"She's a screamer."

"Stay away from her."

"An arrogant bitch on wheels."

Naturally, these are not the types of platitudes you hear from Chris Matthews or Keith Olbermann on MS-DNC. Frankly, the only place you can learn those kinds of truths is here on this blog.

And, from what I gather, Scott Baio's Twitter.

Now, for all the reasons that should be painfully obvious to anybody who visits me on a daily basis, I was amused by it all. But, not so those who read Scott's tweets. Forget the relatively harmless comment. From the reaction Baio got, you would think that he had taken up residence in the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository with a high-powered rifle and a bag of chicken wings. Chachi started getting death threats. He was labeled a racist. Marion Ross was advised never to send him a Christmas card again.

The guy fell into such a PR hole that not even the Fonz himself could pull the dude out. Before you knew it, Baio was compelled to apologize for his offensive humor. He was forced to explain that it was only a "joke" and, oh, by the way, point out that some of his best friends are Black.

Okay, maybe I lost my Scott Baio decoder ring, but where in his tweet do you find a racist remark? If you saw the picture, his one-liner works equally well if the person is Black, White, or Asian. It would be as funny if it was Conan O'Brien's wife, Sidney Poitier's wife, or even Al Molinaro's wife.

But, you see, despite it all, Michelle Obama is still off limits. She is inexplicably revered for her fashion selections, her philosophical opinions, and her life choices. You are not allowed to think otherwise, whether it be true or not. Innocuous or not. Warranted or not.

Yep, I know folks who have worked directly with her at points during her law career. Everything I wrote above was told to me on more than one occasion by more than one person. When you put candy flavoring in my cough syrup, I'm still aware that it is medicine. I don't, for one moment, think that the cough syrup is really a milk shake. But, day after day, we are asked to consider that our most public figures are god-like. We bow at their altars and are not chastised for doing anything less.

Here's breaking news from me: most of them are not gods. But, perish the thought if we even dare say that in a public forum.

Chachi wound up having to do tons of damage control and naturally was compelled to remove the link to the photo from his Twitter before many people could save it.

But, I did. And I am proud to display it here. And, yes, folks, I cannot believe he has to wake up to this every single morning.

Oh, I'll go one step further. I look at this mess of a photo and I imagine one of those comic strip clouds over her head. Just what the hell is Michelle saying here?

"Barry, I don't give a shit that you're watching Sportscenter. Get off your half-Black ass and take out the fucking garbage!"

Or something like that. Meanwhile, Mister Ed is on the phone, MIchelle. He wants his teeth back.

Go ahead. Send me your comments. I'm happy to receive them in the glorious name of free speech.

Dinner last night: Sausage, pepperoni, and mushroom pizza at CPK.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me when I say I never gave Scott Baio a second thought. Or a first. He was the kid on Happy Days, right?

I enjoy crossing paths with Henry Winkler, Ron Howard or Garry Marshall (check the men's room at the Hollywood Bowl at intermission). Now I want to bump into Baio and shake his hand.

Posting a real photo of the First Lady is a public service. Anyone with an ounce of cynicism knows she is selling a false image of herself. Sure she's nice. Sure she's a good mom. Sure she's just like us. Not likely.

She has to be a bitch. One who has benefitted infinitely from America's generousity to blacks but hates white people just the same.

She's trying so hard to be Black Jackie and those dupes in the media help her sell it.

Scrutinize the bitch and run more photos like this.

Can't wait for the accompanying sound bite.

Anonymous said...

And check out the horse teeth. Is she running in the Kentucky Derby?

Anonymous said...

Still lovin' the pic.