Friday, August 30, 2013

If I Tweeted - August 2013

I don't, you know.  But if I did, here are my tweets this past month.

#LenSpeaks  I'm now dividing friends into two groups.  Those who are part of my problem and those who are part of my solution.

#LenSpeaks  People who show up late to Hollywood Bowl performances should stand elsewhere until intermission.  With their pants down.

#LenSpeaks  Surveying the crowd arriving at LAX's international terminal, I want to scream out "Remember, you all have round trip tickets!"

#LenSpeaks  I just realized that the government might be now reading this blog.  In which case....

#LenSpeaks  I love everybody.

#LenSpeaks  I spent 45 minutes at a Dodger game watching Larry King wander around, not being able to find his wife or his seat.

#LenSpeaks  RIP Karen Black.  The stewardess is no longer flying the plane.

#LenSpeaks  If I never ever see another movie with an explosion, that would be just fine.

#LenSpeaks  The Dodgers are staging one terrific comeback after another.  That says to me that they're not being managed by Mitt Romney.

#LenSpeaks  He was probably 48 hours away from being fired in May, but now Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly will likely be named "Manager of the Year."

#LenSpeaks  Oprah was going to buy a $38,000 handbag.  Meanwhile, she's a bag worth several billion.

#LenSpeaks  Need a big laugh?  Watch Oprah's performance in "The Butler." 

#LenSpeaks  In this movie, she literally chews up the scenery.  Why not?  She eats everything else.

#LenSpeaks  So this Anthony Weiner guy is really running for NYC mayor?  Only the liberals in that town could be so stupid.

#LenSpeaks  Oh, good, I hear Weiner is dropping in the polls.  So to speak.

#LenSpeaks  Previously, he was running ahead.  Not by percentage points, but inches.  So to speak.

#LenSpeaks  RIP Eydie Gorme.  Blame that on the bossa nova.

#LenSpeaks  Or maybe she took husband Steve Lawrence's singing advice and "went away, little girl."

#LenSpeaks  She and Steve are remembered every Christmas with that wonderful sleigh ride song.  Sung, of course, by two Sephardic Jews.

#LenSpeaks  A young Australian is killed by three Black kids who were bored.  But all Huffington Post can talk about is George Zimmerman at a gun shop.

#LenSpeaks  By the way, on the aforementioned crime, the President's comment is......???

#LenSpeaks  ......crickets.

#LenSpeaks  It's the fiftieth anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech.  And still we never hear about all the church ladies he had affairs with.

#LenSpeaks  But then again you'd sleep around if your wife looked like Coretta.

#LenSpeaks  I laugh when I heard Obama talking about all the government spying on MLK.  And who ordered that stuff?

#LenSpeaks  The sainted Kennedys.  Waiter, check please.
   
#LenSpeaks  Vin Scully is coming back for another season in the broadcast booth.  And all is right with the world.

#LenSpeaks  Welcome to the Dodgers, Brian Wilson.  Los Angeles is a city where CVS stores all feature razor blades on sale.

#LenSpeaks  Watching Wilson pitch to the Red Sox bears, Mike Napoli and Jonny Gomes, it'd look like an exhibition game being played at Gettysburg.

#LenSpeaks  As I watch the Red Sox play the Dodgers, I see way too many fist pumps on routine ground balls.  Sorry, folks, I am no longer "Boston Strong."

#LenSpeaks  Maybe it should be "Boston Obnoxious."

#LenSpeaks  RIP Julie Harris.  Forget all the Broadway roles.  I'll always remember you as Lilimae Clements on "Knots Landing."

#LenSpeaks  Ran across a 1964 Bonanza episode and Marlo Thomas is playing a Chinese mail order bride!!!

#LenSpeaks  I'm waiting for Dan Blocker to walk in and say "I want to marry THAT Asian."

Dinner last night:  Manhattan steak at Musso and Frank's.             

                   

No comments: