Friday, October 21, 2016

Your Weekend Movie Guide for October 2016

Hey, this Oscar winner for Best Picture is 60 years old this month.  And that was back in the day when every movie came out with a long playing album sound track.   This one's in stereo.   Wowee!

So, we're in the throes of when Hollywood starts to release what they think is their Oscar-worthy fare.   We'll be the judge of that.   You know the routine, guys.   I'll sift through the LA Times movie pages and give you my knee-jerk reaction to what's cluttering our theaters this week.   Heck, there might be something you actually want to see.   And then download the soundtrack off of iTunes.

Deepwater Horizon:   Some action yarn with Mark Wahlberg.   Probably no different than the other ten action yarns with Mark Wahlberg.

The Accountant:   Breaking news - Ben Affleck can do math.

Sully:  Blog review coming.   You'll want to book this flight.

American Honey:   As opposed to what bees are producing in France?

Queen of Katwe:   Wherever Katwe is.

The Girl on the Train:   Blog review coming.    And, no, I didn't read the book.
Denial:   What I am in regarding this year's Presidential election.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children:   And don't we know a few of those.

Birth of a Nation:   It only took 100 years for them to try and remake DW Griffith's classic.   And I heard they failed big time.

The Magnificent Seven:  I heard this is tanking, too and it couldn't happen to a worse guy named Denzel.

Storks:  Where babies come from?

Middle School - The Worst Years of My Life:   True that.

Kevin Hart - What Now?:   More like...why now?

Kubo and the Two Stings:  Stop action from Japan.   Um, no, thank you.

Newtown:   A documentary about the school shooting.   No laughs, I am sure.

Certain Women:  Four women living in Montana.   So there's been an increase?

Jack Reacher - Never Go Back:   Tom Cruise and that's plenty for me never to go back.

Keeping Up with the Joneses:  Neighbors from Hell.   You haven't met the one upstairs from me.

Tyler Perry's Boo - A Madea Halloween:   Boo, indeed.

American Pastoral:  Based on the best selling novel by Philip Roth.   Okay, I believe you.

Before The Flood:  Leonardo DiCaprio interviews people about the environment.   Save the planet...and your money.

Christine:  A Miami newscaster goes to a dark place.   I'm serious.   That's the logline I found.

Good Kids:   High schoolers cut loose.   Also the logline I found.

I'm Not Ashamed:   Of this election?  Oh, yes, I am.

In a Valley of Violence:   I never miss an Ethan Hawke-John Travolta western.

Ouija- Origin of Evil:  Those boards never worked.

The Whole Truth:   A thriller with Keanu Reeves and Renee Zellweger.   Remember them?

31:  Maniacs hold carnival workers hostage.   Now that sounds interesting.

Dinner last night:  Super Dodger Dog.






No comments: