Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Yay! I Finished Reading Another Book - "Being Henry" by Henry Winkler

Regular readers here know this doesn't happen a lot.  As a matter of fact, it's fitting that it's a leap year because that's how often I finish reading a book.

But, almost inexplicably, I read Henry Winker's autobiography.  I was simply curious what was behind the guy in the leather jacket.   And, in this very linear retelling of his life, there's nothing salacious or scandal-making.   Sure, there was a little early friction between him and "Happy Days" co-star Ron Howard, but they're the best of buds now.   Henry's basically a nice guy who describes to you his life step-by-step.  Oddly enough, it's super interesting.

I suppose the major sub-headline in this book is Winkler's battle with dyslexia over the years.   But, even that is now commonplace and he should be rewarded for persevering.   There are some small skirmishes with his wife Stacey but, heck, they're still together after 47 years so God bless.   What is interesting in this book is that, when marital issues occur, Stacey takes over the pages and writes her side of the story.  That, in itself, was captivating.   

So, essentially, this is a good read and not even worthy of a long book report. Jeez, if I had turned this in during the fourth grade, I might have gotten a C -.

Again, the headline is that I read a book.   Come back in six years to see what I read next.

Dinner last night:  Leftover chili.

 

No comments: