Thursday, April 11, 2024

What The Hell Am I Binging Now...

 

You never know where I will wind up with my idle TV hours.   Usually revisiting something I watched in the past.

Here, the past equals 100 or so years ago.   Then, I was just hitting puberty and this series about the inner workings of an old fashioned Hollywood movie studio featured three starlets who...well...see the previous mention of puberty.

Truth be told, "Bracken's World" was one of my favorite TV shows to date and I loved everything about it.  It made me want to go into film and TV production.  Sadly. it lasted just a year-and-a-half and 41 episodes.  The studio head John Bracken went from being a disembodied voice on the phone to a real person body played by Leslie Nielsen.   It should have lasted longer and may have had they incorporated a soap-like plot.

Naturally, this is one that rarely gets rerun.  But, in 2024, everything has an infinite shelf life.  Thanks to some crafty You Tuber, the whole series is up and I am scrolling through one-by-one.   

And remembering what it was like to be 12.

Dinner last night:  Leftover lasagna from my freezer.


No comments: