Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Doctor May See You on Wednesday...


Or, if this is 2014, maybe not.

---The first thing I did when I heard the health care reform bill was passed? I looked at my regular prescription bottles to see how many refills I had left.

---I was hoping to see 900. Damn, only three.

---What is good about the bill is that it deals with pre-existing conditions.

---What is very, very, very bad about the bill is that it offers lots more entitlements to people who don't deserve them.

---We've had food stamps. Now we have Lipitor stamps.

---I heard one fat slob on TV commenting about the bill.

---"It's like Christmas. I ain't gotta pay no more bills."

---That's funny. I do.

---Yours.

---And the expenses of a lot of other lazy, shiftless.....

---Er, people.

---I bet you thought I was going to say something else.

---If nothing else, I hope Obummer craps out the rest of the way on his NCAA brackets.

---When he signed this sucker, he was telling people that the bill needed to be done for his Presidency.

---Er, don't you pass legislation for the country, not your own agenda?

---Jeez, let's just package this asshole up and ship him right back to...

---...Hawaii.

---I bet you thought I was going to say something else.

---I also noticed a bunch of my friends on Facebook whooping it up over the bill's passage.

---Let me know when you want to see a hard copy of my tax bill.

---There was one jerk who announced on Facebook that those of us who opposed the bill were "___ licking, ____ sucking, ass wiping, Commie perverts."

---And this is somebody I went to college with!

---And now deleted for eternity from my Facebook.

---Driving through NY last week, there were tons of huge trees toppled and large potholes on major highways.

---Okay, we had the telethon for Haiti. When are we going to raise some dough for the devastation of Westchester, New York.

---"We Are The World. We Are Yonkers."

---I do feel honored. No NY governor quit while I was there.

---Scooting past Citi Field on the way from JFK, I noticed the outside of the scoreboard, which is littered with billboards. A complete eyesore.

---Driving past the new Yankee Stadium, I saw one advertisement.

---"2010 Tickets Now on Sale."

---Once again, the Mets get it wrong.

---Meanwhile, the upper deck at the old Yankee Stadium is almost gone.

---Concrete slabs now available on e-Bay. For the Yankee fan who's always a tough gift buy at Christmas time.

---A very curious exchange between a mother and her young son as they boarded my flight back to LA.

---"Okay, Wyatt, that's one. When you get to three, you will get a time out."

---Oh, my God. Being an unruly kid these days is so much easier than when I was a kid.

---You now get three shots at pissing off Mom?

---And, oh, by the way, there was no such thing as a time out for me.

---Your ass got punished!

---By the way, all those children who grew up in the "time out" era of discipline? They all voted for Obummer.

---When Vin Scully fell out of bed and hit his head on the floor, all of Los Angeles prayed for his recovery.

---If Nancy Pelosi fell out of bed and hit her head on the floor, I'd pray that it was marble.

Dinner last night: Chicken quesadilla back at the LA abode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother on Long Island had no power for 4 days because of the storm. Unbelievable. They got by with candles and flashlights. Is this still the 21st Century? Still America?