Thursday, August 20, 2009

And God Will Light the Way

And if not God, surely it will be the federal government. Especially with the new leader that was most recently found in the manger.

Maybe you've heard of this little dilemma. If you haven't yet, you will soon. Because the light bulb in the above picture is now the official light bulb of the United States. Yep, this is what we need to be using and the notion is being crammed down our throats. I already had several left at the door of my apartment and they have been neatly tucked away into a closet where I won't find them. Because when I'm reading a book or magazine in the privacy of my own living room or bedroom, I want to be able to read the freakin' print. Unless, of course, there's another hidden agenda down the road from Uncle Sam. Federally approved and recommended eyewear??

We can blame this all on Al Gore who has singlehandedly turned ecology and the environment into a cottage industry. Forget the fact that this bloated moron has made hundreds of millions of dollars for essentially nothing more than a Powerpoint presentation. Forget the fact that most of the "scientific" facts he presented have already been debunked by scientists. Also please neglect the knowledge that Gore's Tennessee mansion is the single biggest user of energy in the entire state. As a matter of fact, after officials went to his house to demonstrate some ways to conserve energy, the next month's usage actually went up 15%. Forget all that. Al Gore has set our agenda for the betterment of the planet Earth. We bow to him and his six chins.

This light bulb is supposed to be the standard for all of America. The purchase and use of more traditional light bulbs will be discouraged. And, at what point does the government dictate when we can turn them on and for how long?

This is how dictatorships start and now I'm wondering if Hitler was also planning on mandated filaments. I know people who are so incensed by this that they are actually hoarding regular light bulbs before they go off the market. Why? Because not only are the new bulbs supposedly kinder to our carbon footprints, they are also freakin' dangerous. Loaded with mercury which needs a disposal process just several watts short of a HAZMAT unit. If they somehow break in front of you, there will be a toxic emission that could turn you into a permanent night light. What happens during a major LA earthquake and bulbs drop like flies? The entire Southern California landscape will be so full of mercury poisoning that we'll all look like Jeremy Piven after eating too much sushi.

I am officially rebelling at all this nonsense. My new car lease was another SUV. Regrettably, a Hybrid, but that was all they had. I'll still be proud to gas up. I'm also amping up the AC this summer. And I will run my shower as long as I want. And I will do it all in bright lights of 150 watts or more.

My monthly electric bill will still be lower than Al Gore's.

Dinner last night: Sausage and pepper pizza at the Dodger game.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll use candlelight before I use these. I am one of the folks storing the incandescent (God Bless Tom Edison). I know that next the lamps "they" make won't accept them. I'm not paranoid. I know they are after us!

Unknown said...

I'll use candlelight before I use these. I am one of the folks storing the incandescent (God Bless Tom Edison). I know that next the lamps "they" make won't accept them. I'm not paranoid. I know they are after us!

Anonymous said...

This lightbulb nonsense is fascism from the left. We know what's best and will shove it down your throat.