Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day!!!

This is one amazing snapshot.  Workmen making the final touches to Shea Stadium before its opening in 1964.

It's not there anymore.  Neither am I.
Here's another delicious slice of history.  Workmen making the final touches to Dodger Stadium before its opening in 1962.

It's still there.  And that's where I am.  My baseball life in two distinct parts.  But, at the core, the love of a team.  Okay, the love of two teams.  When it comes to baseball, I have that much to give.

It starts today.  5PM.  At what used to be affectionately called Chavez Ravine.  My baseball life renewed one more time.  Hope springing eternal all over again.  Right now, everybody is still tied for first place with equal records of 0-0.

Loge, Aisle 120, Row L, Seat 1.    Wearing my Clayton Kershaw jersey.

Home again.

Dinner last night:  Roasted vegetables at Pitfire Grill.

No comments: