Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Morons of the Month - January 2014

Well, that didn't take long.   

We're less than one week into the new year and I've already got some morons for you.

The guy above in the super market photo op is Los Angeles Councilman Tom La Bonge, which is a name better suited for a W.C. Fields movie.  He represented the Hollywood district on the city council.  And is just one of thousands and thousands of idiots that we are saddled with in this country.

The local politician.

Perhaps you have your own rant about this.   Come January 1 of every new year, the local numbskulls that are cluttering your town or village always pass some new law or legislation that makes zero sense.  Here in Los Angeles, La Bonge and the other misfits on the city council passed a law that banned stores from distributing plastic bags.  

Now there's a good way to use our money.

The Los Angeles City Council is simply following in the footsteps of similar bans that had been enacted by the Santa Monica City Council two years ago.   The latter group was honored at that time by yours truly as designated morons for that particular brand of ridiculousness.  I remember at the time that one of the Santa Monica screwballs made the comment that plastic bags blowing in the wind cause car crashes.

Yep.

Indeed, the real dummies there might be the voters who actually elected somebody that was clinically brain-dead.  

But, I digress.   That was then.  This is now.

So, the city of Los Angeles follows suit on the diabolical plastic bag.   Now if you need to carry something home from the drug store or the super market, you can buy one of their reusable bags that are ecologically approved (whatever the fuck that is).   Or you can buy a paper bag for ten cents.   I was forced to do that last Saturday when I went for groceries.   But, wait, there's more.  None of the brown paper bags came with handles.  The guy at Ralph's told me that they want to deter people from buying them.

I lugged my goods from the car.  One bag at a time.  Up the stairs of my elevator-broken apartment building.  And cursed the clowns like La Bonge above, who passed this senseless nonsense.

Seriously, what do local politicians do for us?  Except annoy us with this kind of crap.  Do you even know who your local representative is?  Do you ever see them except when they are running for re-election?  I actually took fifteen minutes on-line to figure out who my designated schmuck is.  It's somebody named Paul Koretz.   No clue.

Okay, don't get me wrong.   I am sure there are some wonderful local politicians who are out there making a difference.  Heck, I have a friend who did this for a while and I'm sure he actually cared.  Back when I lived in Yonkers, I got a little interested in city council business myself.  I was curious as to why our local taxes were so high and I went to a few meetings.

I even had cause at one point to contact my councilperson when there was a lot of car vandalism going on at the Metro-North train station I parked at.  To his credit, the guy, John Spencer, called me at home to discuss this and made it a point to mention it in a meeting.  I was impressed by this and Spencer wound up as Yonkers Mayor for a while.  Except once he got into the lofty slot, he got caught in a bunch of shenanigans.  Screwing his chief of staff.  Coming up with some illegitimate kids while still married.  Caught with his hand in some illegal funds.   You know, the usual.

And that's the problem.  Politics destroys everybody to some degree.

I'd say most of the local garden variety politicos are useless.  They're frustrated business people looking to flex some muscles when they have none at their regular jobs.  Or maybe their spouse is a pain in the ass and they want to get out of the house a few extra hours a week.  Or perhaps there's a zoning ordinance they want to pass so they can build that larger backyard deck for their house.

Long story short, they do nothing for you and me.  

Except get driven to making stupid decisions that are always tied to the philosophy of whatever political party they have to be affiliated with.  None of them have a mind of their own.   Their thoughts and opinions are pretty much shaped by whatever they hear on either Fox News or MSNBC.  Their brains are nothing but absorbent sponges.

In the case of the frauds currently on the Los Angeles City Council, the majority are MSNBC watchers.  So that means they can be easily led astray by those pesky environmental kooks and lunatics that are trying to save the planet and destroy civilized life in America.  The environmental bureaucrats that clog our country are completely out of control and the local politician is clearly too stupid to realize that.   Indeed, these shitheads could be morons on this blog every single month.

I was voicing my opinion recently on these environmental nutjobs and one friend suggested that I would feel differently about them if I had children.

WTF!!!

Suddenly, I realize that I have a friend who's got the brainpower to be a local politician.  I countered that I do care about the world around us, but within reason.  And that most of the programs implemented have double standards that simply negate the original intent.  

Yeah, and recycle that for a while.

Indeed, as far as I'm concerned, the only carbon footprint I want to make is the one on the throat of an environmentalist.  

And the local politician they are misleading.

I'd like to pollute the bottom of the ocean with all of them.

Dumped there in a plastic bag.

Dinner last night:  Leftover roast beef and vegetables.



No comments: