Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Here's The Problem With Your Argument

I love this photo for so many reasons.   Oddly enough, I "stole" it from a friend's Facebook pages as I knew quite a few folks who participated in that March for Your Lives last Saturday.   As for me, I did my marching up and down the supermarket aisles of Ralph's like I do every Saturday morning.  Personally, I cannot think of a bigger waste of my time than to march for a political cause. As long as there are politicians, there's no reason to spend your days arguing against the system.   Every single civic leader is, by nature and job description, corrupt.   

But I digress...

Now, don't get me wrong.   I do believe that there is severe need for gun control in this nation.   I also truly believe that it is a very complicated issue that requires a thought process that no single politician in this nation has the skill sets to participate in.  The only progress that will be done in this arena is if we find participants who are willing to leave their party affiliations at home.  Indeed, the biggest reason why the concept of America, as it was originally intended, will no longer exist in 25 to 30 years is because of the Democratic and Republican parties.   

Of course, the latest school shooting has sent everybody over the edge and these Florida kids are being canonized for taking a stand.   I applaud their zeal, even though the self appointed face of the movement, young David Hogg, clearly displays some severe mental problems himself.   He looks like the type who would grab a rifle himself if he didn't get his own way.   And have you heard the profanity out of that punk??  Who are his parents and where the hell have they been?

So, this whole charade is also now drawn down to party lines.   If you're a Republican, you love guns and you want school children killed.   If you're a Democrat, you want all guns confiscated and this alone will protect us all from evil.   

Wrong and wrong.   Assholes to the left and assholes to the right.

As I watched the media position last Saturday's marches as the greatest thing in America since, well, the last time the liberals marched against something, I had an epiphany.   And the photo above illustrates it.   Especially the one guy with the very salient poster.

"I Wish Obama Had Taken Our Guns."

Exactly.

The left side of the aisle loves to gripe about how they are persecuted in their attempts to provide for their idea of a perfect America.  But I ask the rhetorical question...what is stopping them?

Hmmmm...

There have been several periods of time in the last thirty or so years where the Democrats had full control of the federal government.   That is, they held the White House, the Senate, and the House.  The latest time that happened was in 2009 and 2010, the first two years of Obama's ultimately mediocre tenure in office.   They had the clear road to get any legislation passed.   There were no boundaries.

So where was the gun control bills then?  Heh?   Heh?   HEH??????!!!

There were none for the simple reason that gun control is all about money. And the pockets for lobbying cash are deep on both sides of the aisle.   You don't hear as much about it but I am guessing there's as much gun dough taken by the left as is done on the right.   So, yes, while you castrate Trump and Bush for their non-action, you can also point a finger at Clinton and Obama.   Those leaders are equally as guilty.

Politicians have only one adage that they will all adhere to.  There is nothing more appealing than a large check that clears the bank.

Think about that the next time you're compelled to march around your town.   

And our nation circles the drain one more time.

Dinner last night:  Had a big lunch so just a little snack.

No comments: