Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Ever Humbling Annual Pageview Summary of 2018

This blog celebrates its 11th anniversary this Thursday and I always use this opportunity to look at the entries that featured the most pageviews.   You can see them above and, as they always are, the results are mucho humbling.  I mean, this blog began as a daily writing exercise for yours truly.   Hopefully, my words would be humorous 99% of the time.   

As much time and effort as I put into writing prose here, it's always an annual eye opener to see that the highest daily attendance comes from videos or entries with pictures.   Translation: stuff that doesn't require reading.

Look at the ranking of the top 10 entries by number of pageviews.   Except for the number one entry, it's all photos and videos.   Now this might be more emblematic of something going at the Google factory since Positions #2 through #10 all come in the month of February and March 2017.   Hmmm.

Even more fascinating is the number one spot.   That was my review of the documentary about the late Rose Marie called "Wait for Your Laugh."   Who could imagine that this would garner as much attention as it did?   Perhaps I should contact the producers and request a promotional fee.

Every year, I look at this ranking and I am astounded.   Apparently, very few of my visitors here can actually read.

Dinner last night:  Beer bratwurst.

No comments: