Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Hollywood Then and Now - July 2021

When you live in Los Angeles, you realize every step you take could be on something that was used in a movie or a TV show.   It's all around you.  Sometimes, it withers with age.  Other times, it remains exactly the same.

I'm not going too far back into the time capsule for this one.  Back when the sitcom "Modern Family" first started, I was a fan.   Eventually, the plots seemed to get repetitive.  The show should have run five years.  Instead, it lasted more than double that.

But when I was watching, I noticed their rear projection shots while characters were driving often went by my home.   Sort of.  This was not surprising since this was a Fox show and that studio is less than a mile away from me.

Recently, I did a little more research and discovered that the location shots for the homes used were also in my neighborhood.   I guess Fox didn't want to pop for extended travel expenses.   

For instance, almost a block away from the studio's back entrance is the exterior for the home of Cam and Mitch.
About a mile south and tucked into a very residential nabe is the home of Claire and Phil Dunphy.
Yep, in Hollywood, everything is a sound stage.   Until it's not.

Dinner last night:  Salad.



No comments: