Thursday, January 20, 2022

Len's Recipe of the Month - January 2022

 

Regular readers here know that my monthly recipes are usually ones I try from my favorite culinary Yodas.  Valerie Bertinelli.  Sip and Feast.  Ina Garten.

But I am proud to say that this chicken dish comes straight from...well...me.  And the impetus was very basic.

I had some chicken thighs thawed out.

I had also not used my slow cooker in some time.   What can I do with both of those issues?

Follow me on this.

I wanted to cook some veggies with this meal so I sliced two carrots, four Yukon Gold potatoes, and one medium onion.   I put them into the crock pot.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, I heated to a shimmer several tablespoons of EVO.  Separately, I patted dry four chicken thighs...bone-in.   I salted and peppered both sides of each thigh.   I placed in the skillet skin side down first.   I seared it to a golden brown.   About ten minutes.   I flipped the thighs and did the same thing.

In a small bowl, I mixed the necessary liquid for any slow cooker recipe.   Here's what I combined.

1/2 cup of soy sauce.

1/2 cup of ketchup.

1/4 cup of honey.

2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce.

Two minced cloves of garlic.

I placed the chicken on top of the veggies.   I poured the blended sauce over it all. You can cook it fast or slow depending upon what you want.   6 to 7 hours on low.  2-3 hours on high.

You will be astounded how all the flavors infuse each other.

I guess that's the first recipe for my own cookbook.

Dinner last night:  Leftover lasagna.


No comments: