Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Len's Recipe of the Month - July 2022

Why wait for the Good Humor man?   I'm here.   With some homemade ice cream.  Just in time for summer.

Truth be told, back when I lived in NY, I had an ice cream maker and used it all the time.   The kind that spun around in a bucket of ice cubes.   I think I still have it in a back cabinet some place in Yonkers.

But a few weeks back on her cooking show, Valerie Bertinelli showed us how to make no churn ice cream at home.   It's so horribly easy and sinfully delicious.  And I adapted the flavor above all by my lonesome.

First off, take a glass bowl and the blades from a hand mixer and put them in the freezer for an hour or two.   The colder the instruments, the better the process.

With that super cold bowl, pour in two cups of heavy whipping cream and use the hand mixer on high for about three minutes or until you get soft peaks.

Take a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and pour into a smaller bowl.  Whisk in a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Slowly fold the small bowl into the bigger bowl using a spatula.   Do this gently.  Now add whatever you want to add to your ice cream.   I folded in a half cup of Nutella spread and some tiny semi-sweet chocolate morsel chips.   Yes, I made Nutella Chip ice cream.

Pour it all into some Tupperware with a lid.   Put it in the freezer.  Ideally, let it set overnight.

And, suddenly, you are Tom Carvel.

Dinner last night:  Leftover baby back ribs.



 

No comments: