Thursday, August 25, 2022

The Week of Anger, Part 2


If you were here on Tuesday, you already know that this is one week that has featured numerous incidents that made me really mad.

Here's the next offense by the universe.

I am a long time user of Bose products.   Top notch audio quality.   I have the noise cancelling headphones.   The radio/CD player.  Two speakers attached to my desktop computer.

Now all of the above are about 15 years old so I can't quibble about longevity.  But, suddenly, the CD player stopped playing CDs.  And one of the desktop speakers sometimes feature an overly annoying bass sound, albeit infrequent.

My simple question that I wanted to address to the folks at Bose?  Do their products break down over time?

I called their customer service number which is still listed for Massachusetts.  Except I wound up in some third world phone tree.

"Garblegarblegarble."

I could barely hear them.   I asked them to raise their volume.

"GARBLEGARBLEGARBLE."

I hung up and called back looking for a better connection.  There wasn't one.

I see on-line that Bose cut a lot of employees during the pandemic.   Hmmm.  And apparently replaced them with folks on the other side of the world.   

With very bad audio.   And that's strangely ironic given that I am trying to contact one of the best in the business.

GRRRRRRRRRR!

Dinner last night:  Salad.

No comments: