Tuesday, March 14, 2023

One More Year

 

How cheesy can I get?  Equating this blog to a marriage.

Well, it kind of feels like that.   Some good days, some bad ones.   But, nevertheless, you hang in there for the kids.   Or, in my case, the readers.

Today's entry marks the end of my 16th year doing Len Speaks.  That's an awful lot of material to write without getting paid.  It started as a lark.   I was inspired by a daily blog done by TV comedy writer Ken Levine.   Oddly enough, Ken stopped doing his a few months ago and essentially moved to a podcast format.  But, back then, Ken was using it to lampoon American Idol.   I decided to give it a try.   I'm following the theory.  If you run everyday, your legs get stronger.  If you write everyday, your brain gets stronger.

So, this has become so much more than what I intended it to be.   It's my place to post my thoughts and opinions which I frequently don't get a chance to do in everyday conversation.  And, with the burgeoning rise of social media, there are so many places where you cannot freely opine.   Or wax sentimental.

Oh, sure, regular readers have seen repeat entries.   My Sunday Memory Drawer continues but often has reruns.   Just so you know, I have such a treasure trove of stories in the past that old ones are frequently new to some folks.  

Truth be told, I almost gave up the ghost a few months ago.   Without a lot of movies to review, I was having trouble filling the daily pages.  But I have made a return to theaters and so those coffers will be filled again.   And thank God for streaming.

I was almost thrown for a loop a little while ago when Google inexplicably put warnings of inappropriate content on some entries from about ten years ago.  Well, in America, there's supposed to be freedom of speech.  Yeah, right.   But I actually wear those warnings as badges of honor.   And, frankly, there was nothing really offensive about them.  

So, for now, I continue on.   Tomorrow starts Year 17.  Be here.

Dinner last night:  Hamburger.

No comments: