Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Just Another Fun Saturday

 

This is the entrance to Ralph's Supermarket in Westwood.   The store is huge and you can find everything there.

By the way, do you like the windows?   Because they didn't survive last Saturday morning.  

Okay, a little backstory.   Because the store is so large, I haven't been shopping there since my recent knee surgery.   I have been opting for the smaller and more chic Bristol Farms which also offers better meats and baked goods.  Also the clientele there is a bit more upscale.

But my regular drug prescriptions at Ralph's and I was running out.  I figured what harm could come from picking them up and doing some grocery shopping at the same time.

What harm indeed?

I was on the checkout line and heard some screaming by the main address.   One large smash.  Then a second.  Then a third.

Yep, some homeless nut had gone bonkers and took his venom out on anything made of glass.   But Ralph's Security stepped in to subdue him.

With a healthy dose of pepper spray.  Which also impacted anybody standing on a checkout line.  I quickly covered my nose and mouth with my t-shirt.  Folks around me started to gag, sneeze, and dry heave.   My bagger couldn't work fast enough.   And I was startled by her comment.

"This happens here at least once a week."

Yikes.

Welp, the cops came and took the jerk away but, have no fear, he'll probably be out in time for an early dinner at In N Out Burger.

As for me, I would prefer not to relive Chicago 1968 when I do my grocery shopping.  I will be joining the snooty elite at Bristol Farms.

Dinner last night:  Grilled beef sausage.


No comments: