Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Graston Technique

 

Sounds like a British spy movie, right?

Wrong.  Dead wrong.

As I wind up my physical therapy that followed my left knee replacement, I will truly miss my therapist.   I will see him once a month for maintenance but the two-a-week experience with his magic hands will be missed.

His use of the Graston Technique on me?   Not missed.  At all.

When he pulls out this tool, I have learned to cringe.  And a tear or two form.  I curse Graston whoever the hell he or she is.   It's like Sweeney Todd approaching with the shears.   

I know that the next five minutes of my life will be horribly bad.

You see, post-knee replacement, there is nasty scar tissue that looks to form and dominate your nerve endings.   The Graston Technique is used to smooth out those areas and prevent the scar tissue from expanding.

It hurts.   By connecting with every nerve ending, you are essentially touching every nerve ending.  

And it hurts.

The longest five minutes of every session.

Trust me.   I would much prefer the Grafton Technique to be a spy novel on my night stand.

Dinner last night:  Salad.

No comments: