Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Len's Recipe of the Month - December 2023

 

I posted this the last time I made a beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner and it bares repeating.   I was kind of meh on it, but my guests loved it.  

So here is the 2023 edition of Persillade Sauce, although it's not really saucy.   It's really a bunch of stuff chopped and minced together.   But it creates a perfect relish for your meat, which this year cost 242 dollars.

So how do you do it?

Persillade is apparently a derivation of the French translation for parsley and it's fitting because you start this recipe with 3/4 cup of fresh chopped...wait for it...parsley.

Now you keep adding other stuff to the bowl of parsley.

3 cloves of garlic....minced.

1 scallion...minced.

6 tablespoons of chopped cornichons.   Yeah, I didn't know what that was either.  It's a little chopped dill pickle.  I couldn't find it so I used the equivalent amount of dill pickle relish.

1/4 cup of capers...yep, minced.

1/4 teaspoon of salt.

1/4 teaspoon of relish.

Now, to cut all the acidity, add a tablespoon of sugar.

To bring it all together, stir in two tablespoons of EVO.  Mix thoroughly.

The big issue with persillade relish is that you need to use it the same day.  It doesn't keep well.   But, I doubt there will be little left over if you make it right.

Or so say my guests.

Dinner last night:  Beef tenderloin with.....ta da...Persillade sauce.

No comments: