Thursday, October 17, 2024

The Price Of Being A Fan

 

Check out this Mets playoff ticket from1969.  Five dollars!

Those were the days, Mary Hopkin.  And don't I know it?  

So there was a pre-sale the other day in both Mets and Dodgers Nations for their season ticket....I mean, membership, fans to buy extra tickets for the World Series.  Keep in mind that the membership price for my very good seats in Chavez Ravine is $345. 

Wow, that's high, Len.

Yep, but you ain't heard nothing yet.   For the pre-sale, I normally let my main seat partner buy the extra tickets.   And he did.

For Dodger Stadium, his seat in the very Top Desk for World Series Game 2 went for 500 bucks.  The very same for a potential World Series Game zooms up to almost 800 bucks!   

At Citi Field, I hear the worst seat in the park for a potential Game 7 there was 1,000 dollars.   Granted there are 12,000 less seats there.   Supply and demand.

This is called dynamic pricing and now MLB has joined the ranks of price gouging...or gauging as Kamala Harris would say.   The bigger the demand, the higher the price.   

I called my Dodger rep and she confirmed this was a MLB initiative.

If you kill the golden goose, you don't get any golden eggs.

Dinner last night: Pork lo mein.


No comments: