Thursday, August 22, 2024

Packing It In

 

No, this isn't a suicide note embedded in a blog post.   The photo should be self-explanatory.

For reasons I will share at a later time, I have to close up shop at the condo building I've been living in the past 18 years.   You don't want to know the details.  Well, actually, you do.  And I will share them...comedically...once I am in a new place and can't be traced.

A new place?  I never thought I would need to do this again.  But here I go.  And all the sensations, sights, and smells that go with looking for a new apartment.

Like...

What's that musty smell?

How can you charge this for that?

Why does the rental application need the phone number of somebody I rented from 20 years ago?

Did anybody think to clean this unit before letting people come in and judge it?

And what's that musty smell?

What's with all the fireplaces that don't really work?   And why am I concerned with that on the hottest day of the year in Los Angeles?

Again...how can you charge this for that?

When the inside of a living room has less light than the broom closet you just peeked...

And, for the last time, what's that musty smell???

Life as I know it...for the moment.

Dinner last night:  Chef's salad.

No comments: